Collection of Information
Zappp may ask for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or passport/Hong Kong Identification Card number when you install the App. Submission of such personal details is entirely in your discretion, except that refusal may prevent your access and use of the Services.
We will also obtain information not directly provided by you. This includes:
- Location data: Zappp has access to your approximate location when our delivery services are used.
- Transaction data: Zappp collects details of your transactions, including details of the Service requested, date and time the Service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled and other related details.
- Usage and Preference Data: Interactions related to your use of our services are tracked through cookies and other technologies.
- Photographs and camera function: photographs of your bags and items for smooth operation of tallying the items for pick up/drop off delivery services.
Use of Information
Zappp may use any personal information collected from you for any and all of the following purposes:
- to improve the Services and/or the App;
- to personalize your experience;
- to send periodic e-mails to notify you of services and offers or news, activities and events organized or promoted by Zappp;
- to send you updates about our terms and conditions, the features and services of Zappp;
- to respond to enquiries, questions or other requests from users;
- to generate and/or track anonymous analytics data to improve the Services;
- to perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our services, to troubleshoot bugs and operational problems and to conduct data analysis to transfer to our agents and affiliates within and outside of Hong Kong for the performance of the Services;
- to comply with any law, court order or other legal compulsion; and
- any other purposes in connection with the services which we may notify you of or to further your interaction with us.
Zappp adopts appropriate technical and administrative measures to keep your personal information secure and protected from unauthorized access. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties the information we collect. This is subject to instances where we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or to otherwise share information with our trusted third parties who assist us in our business and operations. Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for analytics, marketing, or other uses. Notwithstanding the foregoing, while we strive to protect your personal information, Zappp does not guarantee the security or privacy of such information or that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Zappp uses certain cookies for the purpose of enabling users to use the Service and for us to better understand and save your preferences for future visits and to compile aggregate data about site interaction. Cookies are used to monitor your use of our services, for example, how many times you visit, which pages you visit and any traffic data. Some of this information will be statistical, meaning that it is non-personally identifiable. Zappp may contract with third-party service providers to assist in understanding our site visitors. Information shared with third-party providers will be kept strictly confidential.
It may be possible for you to disable some but not all cookies through your device or browser settings, but it may affect your ability to access or use our Services in doing so.
In compliance with the Data Protection Principles of the Personal Data Privacy Ordinance (Cap. 486), you also have the right, subject to a reasonable fee, to:
- request access to personal data within a reasonable time;
- request that you be informed by Zappp as to whenever your personal data is kept;
- request for a copy of any such data; or
- request Zappp to correct any personal data which is held with us.
Where you have consented to have Zappp to use your personal data for direct marketing or disclosed to third parties for marketing activities, you have the right to request that we cease to do so at any time at no cost.